Author Topic: Prepurchase Conversion Questions  (Read 813 times)

Offline BCNAV

Prepurchase Conversion Questions
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:44:12 AM »
I am looking to buy this converter...I have a few questions.

1. Does the converter optimize the gain when doing DSF/DFF conversions to WAV, or does it just assume 6bB? Will it choose a non-clipping amount?
2. Upon DSD conversion (DFF/DSF), will the converter cut the beginning and end points to ensure there are no "clicks". I have read some who convert with Saracon get these clicks.
3. When converting from DSF to DFF, the output is corrupt. If I convert in Korg Audiogate, then my DFF is fine.
4. When converting from 128 DSF to DFF, the conversion gui will default to 64....If I choose no sample rate change then WAV is set as the output file.
5. Is the internet needed to activate or is the serial all that is needed.

thanks!

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
Re: Prepurchase Conversion Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 07:23:36 AM »
Dear BCNAV,

Let me answer your questions:
1.) XiSRC uses the standard -6dB adaptation because any so called smart algorithm would impact the intended loudness.
2.) Please use the test version. There are conditions where clicks at the end of tracks are difficult to avoid.
3.) If that does not work for you then there are probably non-standard information within the file. Please use the test version of XiSRC and if it doesn't cover your use case then I wouldn't recommend to buy the full version.
4.) That is correct. There is no direct conversion from DSF to DFF or from one direct stream sample rate into another. The idea of XiSRC is to convert between Direct Stream and PCM.
5.) You need an internet connection once to activate the software.

Thanks

Stephan