Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 8093 times)

Offline klassikmann

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »
We're working on a solution to make sure that gapless records stay gapless after they are converted by XiSRC.
That should optimize the described behavior.
  • Sounds very promising. Do you see already a time frame where this version will be released?
  • Nevertheless: Support for "DSDIFF Edit Master" stays on my wishlist. XiSRC applied on the Edit-Master + FLAC-Splitting is an alternative method and perhaps simpler to implement as the "NoGaps/NoPops"-mode
Best Regards
Herbert

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »
Hello Stephan,

PM sent.

klassikmann

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 04:52:19 PM »
  • Nevertheless: Support for "DSDIFF Edit Master" stays on my wishlist. XiSRC applied on the Edit-Master + FLAC-Splitting is an alternative method and perhaps simpler to implement as the "NoGaps/NoPops"-mode
Perhaps supporting "DSDIFF Edit Master" in XiSRC is not a "Feature Request", but rather a "Bug Report". Let me explain.
I generated four DSD audio files, none of them are supported by XiSRC, but all of them are supported by MusicScope:
  • Extracting a 2CH DSDIFF Edit Master using sacd_extract*
  • Converting the DFF obtained in 1. into DSF using dff2dsf*
  • Extracting the full set of DFF tracks (2CH) usind sacd_extract, and merging the outcome with dsdmerge*
  • Converting the DFF obtained in 3. into DSF using dff2dsf
*sacd_extract, dff2dsf, dsdmerge are well-known freeware to deal with DSD audio.

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:37 PM »
Hello,

I have to slightly correct the statement about support of "DSDIFF Edit Master" in XiSRC. XiSRC is converting this kind of DSD audio file (extracted and DST-decompressed) but with a very naste exception. Only input files lesser than about 2GB will be converted. Only a low percentage of 2CH, DST-decompressed "DSDIFF Edit Master" does fulfill that restriction.

Addendum 1:
Perhaps this file size limit of 2GB applies in other areas of XiSRC, also (speculation only, not tested).

Addendum 2:
<withdrawn>

Regards
Herbert
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:58:06 PM by klassikmann »

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 05:31:43 PM »
Hello klassikmann,

Please take into consideration that we do not officially support "DSDIFF Edit Master" files. For all other formats (WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, DSD-DFF, DSD-DSF) XiSRC is capable of reading and writing files as large as the operating system is able to handle.
Let's put DSDIFF Edit Master on the development roadmap.

Thanks

Stephan

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
Please take into consideration that we do not officially support "DSDIFF Edit Master" files. For all other formats (WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, DSD-DFF, DSD-DSF) XiSRC is capable of reading and writing files as large as the operating system is able to handle.
Let's put DSDIFF Edit Master on the development roadmap.
In the meantime I used the free "Teac Hi-Res Editor" to combine all 2CH DFF-files of a SACD (extracted and DST-decompressed) to compose one big "ordinary" DFF (bigger than 2GB). And XISRC did not convert it.

That means:
  • The problem is not restricted to "DSDIFF Edit Master".
  • "DSDIFF Edit Master" is supported as long the file is not greater than 2GB
Regards
Herbert

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 07:04:31 PM »
Hallo Herbert,

Thank you for identifying the issue.
We've been able to replicate it and we're going to fix it as fast as possible.

Thanks,

Stephan

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
Hello Stephan,

Feature request no 1:
You wrote:
We're working on a solution to make sure that gapless records stay gapless after they are converted by XiSRC.
Are there any news about this development? Why do I ask for? I wrote:
Problem:
Consider the case of DSD files ripped from SACD or bought/downloaded from an online audio sales portal. If the DSD files do not end with silence, as quite usual e.g. in operas, you will face severe audible pops at the track boundaries after conversion with XiSRC and "ISP Reduction"; the resulting PCM-files are no more seaemless.
My most important application of XiSRC is the DSD to PCM conversion. As long as the "gapless records stay gapless" mode is not available, I have to use the "DSDIFF Edit Master" comprising the whole 2CH SACD content. Resampling in XiSRC will be performed in one core thread only. In a "gapless records stay gapless" mode I can use as input to XiSRC all "Philips DFF" representing all tracks of the SACD benefitting from all core threads in parallel.

Feature request no 2:
Do you plan to provide a command-line interface to XiSRC? Why do I ask for? I want to make my full tool-chain scriptable. The missing link is XiSRC.

Thank you
Herbert

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »
Hello Stephan,

Feature request no 3:
In the application case of converting DSD to PCM there should be a parameter "gain" with values between 0dB and +6dB. +6dB could be the default for DSD material obtained from a standard-compliant SACD. But because there are non-standard-compliant SACDs on the market a gain-value of 6dB can't be made mandatory. Appropriate values for the gain can be evaluated using e.g. MusicScope.

Regards
Herbert

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »
Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your valuable input. We're happy to put your requests on our development roadmap.
Up to now it is not planned to provide a XiSRC CLI for command line automatization.

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 10:47:52 AM »
Hello Stephan,

I think I can withdraw feature request no 3.
Feature request no 3:
In the application case of converting DSD to PCM there should be a parameter "gain" with values between 0dB and +6dB. +6dB could be the default for DSD material obtained from a standard-compliant SACD. But because there are non-standard-compliant SACDs on the market a gain-value of 6dB can't be made mandatory. Appropriate values for the gain can be evaluated using e.g. MusicScope.
After some tests with "DSDIFF Edit Master"-DFF files - obtained from standard-compliant SACDs - to be converted to FLAC (24-Bit, 96kHz and "ISP Reduction" checked), XiSRC applied a gain of about 6dB already.

The more important will be the realization of feature request no 1. Why? Because instead of using the very big "DSDIFF Edit Master" comprising the whole content of the 2CH part of the SACD, I'm able to use as input the various "Philips DFF" representing all the tracks of the SACD with the benefit of multi-treading and retaining the gapless property. You can imagine who long does it take to perform the conversion single-threaded.

Regards
Herbert

Offline bodiebill

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »
Hi Stephan,

Just bought XiSRC. Two feature requests:

(1) Recursive folder structure when saving the converted files (similar to what you implemented in HPEX);

(2) Save and load conversion settings, and preferably remember last used setting.

Thanks in advance for considering this!

Cheers

Offline XiBastian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 06:59:50 PM »
Hi bodiebill,

thanks for your request.
We put it on our backlog and will notify you if it is available.

Thanks

Sebastian

Offline bodiebill

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »
Thanks, Sebastian!

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 07:39:52 PM »
XiSRC is doing recursive folder execution.
Just select the Output Folder tick box and select a folder where the transcoded file structure should be saved.