Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 8092 times)

angelus1969

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 12:50:30 AM »
I would like to request being able to open a SACD ISO and convert this to DSF.

Offline klassikmann

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 12:50:36 PM »
Hello angelus1969,
Let me comment your request, albeit I'm a mere user of XiSRC only, and not a member of the XiVero team.

Extracting DSF files from SACD ISO in not a feature of audio resampler.

The extraction can be performed by freeware:

klassikmann

angelus1969

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2017, 10:03:26 AM »
Hello angelus1969,
Let me comment your request, albeit I'm a mere user of XiSRC only, and not a member of the XiVero team.

Extracting DSF files from SACD ISO in not a feature of audio resampler.

The extraction can be performed by freeware:

klassikmann

Not if that is the only way to get the original data. The same request would apply if I wanted to create (resample) FLAC from that ISO.

Besides that, the tools you mention have quite some problems (the famous 'tick' at the end with certain conversions with sacd_extract) and the versions (at least for Mac) are quite old and not being updated/maintained. I can't see them as a viable option (anymore).

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »
The new XiSRC version 1.4.2 makes sure that after up- or down-sampling of single audio files they still play gapless.

Hello Stephan,

I think I can withdraw feature request no 3.
Feature request no 3:
In the application case of converting DSD to PCM there should be a parameter "gain" with values between 0dB and +6dB. +6dB could be the default for DSD material obtained from a standard-compliant SACD. But because there are non-standard-compliant SACDs on the market a gain-value of 6dB can't be made mandatory. Appropriate values for the gain can be evaluated using e.g. MusicScope.
After some tests with "DSDIFF Edit Master"-DFF files - obtained from standard-compliant SACDs - to be converted to FLAC (24-Bit, 96kHz and "ISP Reduction" checked), XiSRC applied a gain of about 6dB already.

The more important will be the realization of feature request no 1. Why? Because instead of using the very big "DSDIFF Edit Master" comprising the whole content of the 2CH part of the SACD, I'm able to use as input the various "Philips DFF" representing all the tracks of the SACD with the benefit of multi-treading and retaining the gapless property. You can imagine who long does it take to perform the conversion single-threaded.

Regards
Herbert

Offline bodiebill

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 10:01:12 AM »
hi, I have a request for:
* converting several flac/wav/dsd tracks into one gapless file.
Is this feasible?

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »
This is in general an interesting idea.
Please let us put it into the development backlog.

Offline bodiebill

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2017, 11:28:09 PM »
Thanks, and here is another one:

Converting dsf to DoP; that is: putting the dsf file in a wav container, losslessly. That would be great.

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 02:09:14 PM »
Well, we assume that there are already quite some DoP capable DACs out there, so that it makes sense that the next version of XiSRC implements your feature request.

Offline bodiebill

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »
Thanks!

Offline gmaxwell

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 12:01:55 AM »
Hello, I have just started using your software. I would like to change the sample rate of an ALAC file and have the result still in ALAC. Strangely, this does not seem possible without first saving as FLAC, or am I not seeing something?

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
Hello gmaxwell,

Thanks for using our software.
Currently we do not support writing ALAC-Files.
Please use an external encoder to transcode from e.g. wav to ALAC.

Thanks,

Stephan

Offline TG04

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 03:23:48 PM »
Would it be possible to have a log file (txt) that shows both the settings/options selected and the results track-by-track?  I really don't like to rename the files because file names can quickly become quite lengthy and it is can easy to lose track (no pun intended) of the provenance of the files converted.  A log file from each conversion made could help with that.
Please post here your requests for new features.

Offline Kempy

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2018, 07:01:05 AM »

JRivers Media Center is doing that flawlessly.

Regards.

Offline Xi_Stephan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »
XiSRC is focused on Sample Rate conversion and therefore does not support reading DSD ISO files.
Nevertheless, as of my knowledge there are tools out there that support the split-up of ISO files to create single DSD files.

Offline t3kn0thug

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »
hi,

Just purchased XiSRC and would like to request the ability to leverage CUDA (nvidia) for doing conversions thereby taking the load off of the main CPU and allowing an Nvidia graphics card to assist in the conversion. it is a very effective way of reducing CPU load and reducing conversion times. it is especially helpful when doing large batch conversions specifically for the time and CPU load reductions.

please consider this